Sunday, February 17, 2013

I'm gonna make it happen!


"Congratulations Stephani!

We are delighted to inform you that you have been accepted to the 2013 Governor's School for Prospective Teachers.  We are particularly pleased for you since the response to this School was excellent.  We received over one hundred applications and invited twenty outstanding students representing high schools from across the state.  You were included in that select group."


This is part of the email I read at the end of English class on Valentine's Day last week. I honestly believe that had it not been for my best friend's reaction, I would have gone into full medical shock. I couldn't speak, and could only muster enough energy to forcibly hit him in the back and pull him around so he could read the email for himself. 

I, Stephani Britt, was accepted to GOVERNOR'S SCHOOL. Here I am, 3 days later, and I'm still in complete and utter shock at this information. I applied under the impression that my application would be laughed at and turned down, but here I sit, an actual Gov. school "acceptee". 

I get to spend a whole month of my summer in Chattanooga, Tennessee at UTC gaining knowledge, as well as college credit, new friends, and a new end to my comfort zone. I am elated over this opportunity, and I cannot wait to see where it takes me in the future! 

I just felt the need to blog about this amazing news, considering I haven't really blogged much lately, and I haven't bragged about this to more than my closest friends and parents. 

This email was exactly the confidence boost I needed to drag myself out of the hole I was beginning to sink deeper into. 

I've decided that the best start to this new chapter in my life would be giving up cutting for Lent, and attempting to mend my fences with God. After all, I wouldn't be where I am today had it not been for him leading me. So, thank you God for providing me with such an amazing opportunity! 

Okay, I'm done now. 
----Stephani. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment